10-11-2012 12:09 PM
Printer has stopped picking up paper from the lower tray. The feeder "foot" comes down but goes back up without pushing paper forward. I may have caused the problem while feeding an envelope and pulling back on a sheet of paper that was also being fed at the same time.
Is this user serviceable?
Out of warranty..any suggestions for Reasonable Repair.. in San Diego, CA ??
10-12-2012 06:04 PM
12-09-2012 07:22 PM
Is there a way to check if the gears have been ruined? I have been having a paper feed issue (the top set of gears are moving furiously, but bottom set of gears on paper feed barely moving (can only print by shoving paper in myself). Any fix for this or need a new printer? Thanks
12-11-2012 02:32 PM
The only way to tell if the gears are stripped is to look at them and see if they are smoothed over. It's not easy to get a good view of them, if you can see them at all, and there is no way to repair them if they are stripped.
02-27-2014 05:46 AM
I changed paper to different kind of white printer paper (seemed a little heavier) and the rollers will not pull it into the printer
Tried old paper and will not pull that through now also.
I get HP message that printer is out of paper.
This machine is about 5 years old with light usage.
09-23-2014 01:42 PM
You may need to simply clean the rollers. Please open the following document and complete all of the solutions presented; 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One. Although you are not experiencing a paper jam, the steps in that document can help.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series