12-30-2013 09:15 AM
We have moved to Office 365 and would like to move our scan to email on the M3035xs MFP to use an office 365 account, but anytime we put in the information it won't work. I have been able to make this work with a Xerox MFP but we have two of these M3035s and need to get it to work with them so that we can decomission our old Exchange server. Anyone ever ran into this problem or have any ideas how to get it to work?
12-30-2013 12:49 PM
What error message are you recieving when trying to setup Scan to Email?
Have you tested the security needed to create documents on your new exchange server on a different device to confirm that they work as expected?
01-02-2014 09:09 AM
You need to provide us with more information.
Scan to email is all about security. Either you have security to scan to the destination or you don't. Security can come in the form of traditional file permissions as in scanning to a server on the network, or in the case of email having the right protocols and ports opened. There is also an authentication piece if the user account is getting verified before Office 365 actually sends the message to the recipient.
If you provided us with some error messages then perhaps we could suggest where to go next. Otherwise a general google search for "Scan to Email Office 365" should show you were others have had problems configuring in the past.
01-06-2014 05:49 PM
I know this isn't specifically for an HP but it might put you on the right track.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series