Question

Honor Student
pnarizona
Message 1 of 5 (127 Views)

OfficeJet 6600 printhead

Like many people, I get a message about Missing or Failed Printhead. There is no right arrow that would lead to electronic cleaning. And in the 6600 docs, there is no clue about how to access the printhead. It is certainly not in the way described in the standard hp website, namely http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01944580

Do I have to chuck it and get a new printer? (Out of warranty by three months.)

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 5 (115 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 6600 printhead

The printhead on the 6600 is not removable.

Have you tried to reset the 6600 by removing the power cable then waiting 60 seconds b4 reapplying the power?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
pnarizona
Message 3 of 5 (111 Views)

Yes. Three times.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 5 (97 Views)

Sorry, that's the only thing I have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
pnarizona
Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)

8lives' response is in fact quite helpful. There are a striking number of people who have reported the same problem and been mystified in the same way. This is especially true since the printer's small-screen directions bear no relation to reality -- e.g., suggesting that we click the right arrow, when none appears with this error message, and suggesting that we remove the printheads, when that is not possible with this model.

For many of us, in other words, the real answer is that the printer is (slightly) out of warranty, a user-fix is usually not possible, so you should probably go out and buy another HP printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation