Question

Top Student
jaxtrukNMkt
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

OfficeJet Pro 8500 Reporting "as offline"

Have been using an Office Jet Pro all-in-one for 18 months now.  After getting a new all-in-one Desktop with windows 8.1,

for various reasons, I had to reinstall the printer - as a wireless network printer with the latest software - as it had been in the months prior.

My problem is that it is constantly being reported as "being off-line".  Why? Wish I knew.

All the HP troubleshooting support on my Machine, tries to help by doing its thing. But when that dont work, It is suggested that I re-install the printer. (I am totally shocked that it does not say it "has malfunctioned and should be dumped rightr away."

Really supprised there is so little "company support" for such problems, but I do need help which will be greatly appreciated!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)

Re: OfficeJet Pro 8500 Reporting "as offline"

Hello @jaxtrukNMkt, I would like to welcome you to the forums:smileyhappy:

I noticed your post about your 8500 OJ showing offline and I would like to offer my suggestions. First of all, could you please let me know which model of 8500 you have, that way I can better my research to find you appropriate troubleshooting guides.

Here are the different models:

Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?

1. Also, please let me know if you have tried connecting the printer via USB to see if that works.
  2. Try a copy and let me know if the copies function okay.

Hope to hear from you!

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation