05-04-2014 03:03 PM
Have been using an Office Jet Pro all-in-one for 18 months now. After getting a new all-in-one Desktop with windows 8.1,
for various reasons, I had to reinstall the printer - as a wireless network printer with the latest software - as it had been in the months prior.
My problem is that it is constantly being reported as "being off-line". Why? Wish I knew.
All the HP troubleshooting support on my Machine, tries to help by doing its thing. But when that dont work, It is suggested that I re-install the printer. (I am totally shocked that it does not say it "has malfunctioned and should be dumped rightr away."
Really supprised there is so little "company support" for such problems, but I do need help which will be greatly appreciated!
05-06-2014 03:24 PM
Hello @jaxtrukNMkt, I would like to welcome you to the forums
I noticed your post about your 8500 OJ showing offline and I would like to offer my suggestions. First of all, could you please let me know which model of 8500 you have, that way I can better my research to find you appropriate troubleshooting guides.
Here are the different models:
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer - A909a
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer - A909b
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-in-One Printer - A909n
- HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - A909g
Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?
- Also, please let me know if you have tried connecting the printer via USB to see if that works.
- Try a copy and let me know if the copies function okay.
Hope to hear from you!
Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
★Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
ℜ a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series