Question

Student
pkliegl
Message 1 of 3 (1,485 Views)

Officejet 4500 wireless-prints blank pages

I'm trying to troubleshoot my Officejet 4500 wireless printer using the troubleshooting directions on the website.  I can get a connection from my laptop to the printer, but the pages come out blank.  I'm trying to check to see if I have enough ink, but when I get to the features tab, I get "The computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device".  I get this on all three tabs - Estimated Ink levels, Information and Device Services.

I don't want to replace my cartridge unless I know for sure it's ink levels.  Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this message when I can make a connection with the printer?

Student
natorder
Message 2 of 3 (1,367 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 wireless-prints blank pages

I just tried to print on my HP officejet 4500 wireless printer and the pages are coming out blank.  i shook up the ink and tried again.  i'm getting nothing.  i don't think it's the ink.  What else can i do?  Does anyone have an easy answer?

Thank you

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 3 of 3 (1,351 Views)

Re: Officejet 4500 wireless-prints blank pages

Hi Natorder,

I understand that your printer is printing blank sheets of paper.  I am linking you to a troubleshooting document that may be able to assist. 

Officejet 4500

Let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation