08-13-2012 09:33 AM
I'm trying to troubleshoot my Officejet 4500 wireless printer using the troubleshooting directions on the website. I can get a connection from my laptop to the printer, but the pages come out blank. I'm trying to check to see if I have enough ink, but when I get to the features tab, I get "The computer is unable to establish two-way communication with the device". I get this on all three tabs - Estimated Ink levels, Information and Device Services.
I don't want to replace my cartridge unless I know for sure it's ink levels. Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this message when I can make a connection with the printer?
03-21-2013 06:38 AM
I just tried to print on my HP officejet 4500 wireless printer and the pages are coming out blank. i shook up the ink and tried again. i'm getting nothing. i don't think it's the ink. What else can i do? Does anyone have an easy answer?
03-27-2013 03:10 PM
I understand that your printer is printing blank sheets of paper. I am linking you to a troubleshooting document that may be able to assist.
Let me know how it goes.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series