Question

Honor Student
Chemico
Message 1 of 6 (1,494 Views)

Officejet 4620. Black ink doesn't work

I recently ran out of ink, so I had to replace my cartridges. Since then I haven't been able to print anything in black ink ( not even a photocopy ). The printer recognizes the cartridge and says its full, but when I print, everything is there except for the black.. All other colors are fine.
Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 6 (1,474 Views)

Re: Officejet 4620. Black ink doesn't work

Hi there ,

This article should cover the issue you are experiencing. Give the steps outlined a shot and let us know if it helps.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03137135&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Chemico
Message 3 of 6 (1,461 Views)

hi John,

Thanks for the info, but i had already tried those steps and i'm still at a stalemate. This is like everything is normal, the printer is acknowledging the cartridge, every aspect shows like it should print, all the colors are fine.... But for some reason anything in black does not reach the paper.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 6 (1,456 Views)

Chemico,

Thanks for the additional info. Are you seeing black print on the diagnostic report correctly or is that missing as well?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
Chemico
Message 5 of 6 (1,447 Views)

Hi John,

No, as far as what comes out on paper, it's like the black cartridge isn't even there. I also tried photocopying something and the same thing happens... colors are good, but the black comes out blank. I thought i might have gotten a faulty cartridge, so i returned it for another and it's the same result.

Honor Student
Agent-J
Message 6 of 6 (1,336 Views)

If your printer is still under warranty, it is reccommended that you bring your printer back for exchange. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation