Question

Honor Student
printerdrama
Message 1 of 4 (240 Views)

Officejet 6310 paper jam

[ Edited ]

It seems from various forums that many other people are experiencing this same problem:

My printer runs a sheet of blank paper half way through and announces "paper jam". I hit the OK button and the sheet of paper makes it's way happily into the out tray, then another sheet of paper is picked up and the whole process repeats again and again and again.

There is no paper jam. I've had it open and the back cover off. I've cleaned the rollers with a moist cotton bud. I've opened the automatic papfer feeder on the scanner and it too is clear and clean. I've tried all the suggested resets. Nothing has worked.

To add insult to injury, HP here in Hong Kong say it's an obsolete model and they won't even look at it - even though I will have to pay them because it's out of warranty.

Any suggestions please???!!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (220 Views)

Re: Officejet 6310 paper jam

Hi printerdrama,

Check the private message I sent, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
printerdrama
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

Hi pcwizard, and thanks very much for your suggestion. I followed your instructions exactly and it looked promising when I was required to start the setup process, but the first (and subsequent) sheet of paper to be taken into the printer did as I described above - it was taken half way through, then stopped with "paper jam" message. Pressing the OK button makes the sheet complete it's journey into the out tray, and then another sheet is taken in to do exactly the same thing again.

Although the printer is about 1 1/2 to 2 years old it has worked really well for me until this problem surfaced. I am very disappointed in HP Hong Kong for refusing to service it (at my expense) because it even looks new, and it just isn't right that it should be thrown in the landfill for the want of replacing a sensor or whatever needs to be done. All moving parts seem to be functioning normally when it draws in a sheet of paper, there's just something that throws it each time.

I'd still appreciate any other suggestions on how to try to fix it.

Many thanks.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)

Hi printerdrama,

Unfortunatly if the reset didn't resolve the issue then there is a hardware issue within the printer. I can understand your frustration with attempting to get this printer repaired. Due to the age of this printer there is a good chance that there is no repair service offered on this unit anylonger. If you would like i can assist you with finding a new printer to replace this one. Let me know what features you need, and I will see what is the best fit for your needs?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation