04-19-2014 12:59 PM
I have an Officejet 6500 E710n-z CN557A FW CIP1FN1206AR that is being used with a Windows 7 HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF in Workgroup,
I had a nasty problem when this printer was connected USB. Windows 7 would not reboot cleanly, would take a horrendous time shutting down, would hang on reboot, etc.
It seems the photo card reader that want's to be connected USB Drive F in this setup was the root cause, with the W7 event log filling up with device failures and User Mode Driver crashes.
Changing the printer to a wireless connection seems to have resolved the issue, with the obvious caveat that the PC will not be able to copy photos from any memory cards inserted into the card reader.
I hope on next visit to see if having a memory card inserted makes a difference, but it seems strange. I have other USB connected HP printers with card readers connected to Windows 7 and they do not have such problems.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)