Question

Honor Student
FJPruss
Message 1 of 1 (92 Views)

Officejet 6500 E710n-z CN557A USB connection issue - card reader

I have an Officejet 6500 E710n-z CN557A FW CIP1FN1206AR that is being used with a Windows 7 HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF in Workgroup,

I had a nasty problem when this printer was connected USB.  Windows 7 would not reboot cleanly, would take a horrendous time shutting down, would hang on reboot, etc.

It seems the photo card reader that want's to be connected USB Drive F in this setup was the root cause, with the W7 event log filling up with device failures and User Mode Driver crashes.

Changing the printer to a wireless connection seems to have resolved the issue, with the obvious caveat that the PC will not be able to copy photos from any memory cards inserted into the card reader.

I hope on next visit to see if having a memory card inserted makes a difference, but it seems strange.  I have other USB connected HP printers with card readers connected to Windows 7 and they do not have such problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation