07-05-2012 04:02 PM
Greetings, Out of warranty (by a couple of months) printer-plus. Paper jam error message, most commonly that 2-sided printing component needed to be cleared. Paper that made it through - most didn't - showed crinkling in 1-1/2" wide strip in center of page.
Last time that I removed and cleared the 2-sided printing component, a piece of plastic, approx 1-3/4" by 1-1/4", U-shaped, with tabs and "flippers" on it, fell out of the machine. I'm believe it's probably the paper stop and/or paper sensor. Anybody able to provide step-by-step directions for restoring it (from the back, from the front, after removing what parts, etc.)? Thanks for any help!
08-02-2012 05:00 PM
08-20-2012 12:10 PM
I have a similar problem (have a HP Officejet 7000) . Had a paper jam and when I took the back part off to remove the paper a part fell out that would be described the same -U shaped with what looks likea flap for paper feeding. Can't find how to put it back in.
08-20-2012 01:48 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)