Question

Top Student
tims
Message 1 of 4 (1,175 Views)

Officejet 6500A Plus paper jam, sensor part loose

Greetings,  Out of warranty (by a couple of months) printer-plus.  Paper jam error message, most commonly that 2-sided printing component needed to be cleared.  Paper that made it through - most didn't - showed crinkling in 1-1/2" wide strip in center of page.

Last time that I removed and cleared the 2-sided printing component, a piece of plastic, approx 1-3/4" by 1-1/4", U-shaped, with tabs and "flippers" on it, fell out of the machine.  I'm believe it's probably the paper stop and/or paper sensor.  Anybody able to provide step-by-step directions for restoring it (from the back, from the front, after removing what parts, etc.)?  Thanks for any help!

Tim

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 4 (1,133 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500A Plus paper jam, sensor part loose

Was this piece from inside the printer or from inside the duplexer?

Are you experiencing any issues when printing non-duplex, with duplex, or both?
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
ipetree
Message 3 of 4 (1,086 Views)

I have a similar problem (have a HP Officejet 7000) . Had a paper jam and when I took the back part off to remove the paper a part fell out that would be described the same -U shaped with what looks likea flap for paper feeding. Can't find how to put it back in.

Top Student
tims
Message 4 of 4 (1,081 Views)

If you work from the back, with the duplexer (?) and the paper tray off, you may see that there's an identical part on the other side. Using that as a guide to orientation and alignment, I was able to get it back in and it has worked fine since. I'm afraid I don't remember whether it snapped or was more gently seated but once I realized there was another one, it was pretty easy. Good luck!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation