01-08-2014 09:54 AM
Win 7 64, SP 1. HP 6600 connected over wifi to network.
Printer was disconnecting from wifi when it went to sleep. Have replaced cable to phone line (with 2 wire) and established a static IP address. Printer working better. I did this adjustment in user's account login.
However, during this process, we have gone from having 2 printers in Control Panel (one for printer, one for fax) to having only 1 printer for fax. From an application (e.g. MS Excel) there are 2 printers available (one for printer, one for fax). In the Administrator account, there is also only one printer in the Control Panel, but it is for a printer.
What to do? Do I uninstall and then reinstall the printer?
(The problem is that there is no way to set the HP 6600 as default printer).
P.S. This thread has been moved from Printers – LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One. -HP Forum Moderator
01-08-2014 11:00 AM
You need to look at the wireless connection or hard wire Ethernet connection which has a much bigger plug the the phone line.
01-08-2014 12:19 PM
According to the electronics guy, HP needs a 2-wire connection to the phone line rather than a 4-wire connection because the 4-wire connection gives too much feedback and keeps knocking the printer off the network. HOWEVER, I'm not having any luck getting the printer to stay attached to the network when it goes to sleep.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)