Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Officejet 6700 Premium printer is only printing blank pages. I just replaced all cartridges with new HP ones. The printer now goes through the motions but only prints blank pages. This occurs for anything I try to print including diagnostic pages. The printer is just over a year old so it is not under warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can relate to how frustrating this is. Your printer has a built in printhead. To improve the quality, the only step I can recommend is cleaning the printhead. Please try contacting HP technical support to see what options you have. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello twoshirts,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience here.

I understand your Officejet 6700 Premium is printing blank pages. I will do my best to assist you! Please follow this entire HP document on Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

Try cleaning the printhead until you receive satisfactory quality. Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night! Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!

I have followed those instructions - new HP cartridges, cleaned the printhead multiple times - no luck! Only blank pages coming out of everyting. Frustrating, because the printer is only months out of warranty (Solution Four). 

Any other ideas??

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

I can relate to how frustrating this is. Your printer has a built in printhead. To improve the quality, the only step I can recommend is cleaning the printhead. Please try contacting HP technical support to see what options you have. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I had to clean the printhead 5+ times, but it eventually worked! Thanks much!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.