Question

Intern
consolegoddess
Message 1 of 4 (243 Views)

Officejet 7310 picks up too many sheets of paper

My Officejet 7310 picks up too many sheets of paper when the tray is nearly out of paper.  Sometimes it does it at other times as well.  Does anyone know how to get to the feed wheels to clean them and will this fix the problem?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 4 (221 Views)

Re: Officejet 7310 picks up too many sheets of paper

I would take a look at this document it shows how to clean the rollers.    When the paper gets low I would try fanning the edges of the stack of the paper to separate the sheets.

Let me know how it goes

Intern
consolegoddess
Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

Thanks for the help but it's not the document feeder, it's the pick up rollers.  I'm sure the rollers need cleaning.  The ink really flies around in the printer and gets everywhere.  I took the thing apart once to clean the glass so I might try to take it apart again.  Just wondering if someone knew exactly how to do it.  I've tried fanning the pages and that doesn't seem to help, even when I put new paper under the few left in the stack.  Should be easier to access.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

The document, found here, shows how to access the paper pick rollers in the Officejet.  If you remove the duplexer/rear access door on the printer, then you should be able to see the feed rollers on the rear.  

* Wipe these rollers with a clean, lint free cloth and clean water.  

* One can spin the rollers in the upward direction, or direction of paper feed, to help clean all sides

If you need to clean them further, then you may have to open the printer as you described.  However, I would advise attempting to clean the rollers as best as possible without product disassembly.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation