Question

Top Student
SuesRomeo
Message 1 of 2 (64 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless

Error: My printer thinks there is a jam in the printer ink cartridge area. There is not.

It allowed me to trick it, by opening the print-carriage access door and closing it again. Sometimes, I took out and put back the print cartridges and it would run again.

Now, it prints blank pages - it pretends it is printing, but with brand new cartridges, it is just printing blank pages.

Is this going to be a printer-ending error? (more expensive to fix than to buy a new printer?)

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 2 (38 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless

Hi Sue,

I had to a chance to reply on your other thread, please take a look :smileyhappy:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/Officejet-Pro-8500-Wireless-A909g-Ink-c...

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation