Officejet Pro 8500A Plus repeated alignment fail error (20302 Views)
Honor Student
rileymo1
Message 1 of 16 (20,302 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500A Plus repeated alignment fail error

Greetings, I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus all in one printer that is constantly doing an Alignment and failing, and it won't print.  What could be the problem?

Thanks.

PhD Student
Wixma
Message 2 of 16 (20,289 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500A Plus repeated alignment fail error

Hello rileymo1.

Please, check out this document.

Cheers!

Wixma.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.
Honor Student
airmecuk
Message 3 of 16 (20,281 Views)

Hello rileymo1

I had the same problem even after replacing the print heads.

I eventually found the cause of the problem.

The foam padding under the print head slide rail had lifted slightly catching the underside of the print head, which in turn causes the alignment to fail.

Open the printer top cover and using your fingers press the foam down as hard as you can. Do this for the entire length of the slide rail. Close the top cover and restart the print head alignment sequence.

You should find that this will fix you alignment failure problem.

Good luck,

airmecuk

Top Student
Samio2008
Message 4 of 16 (20,260 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Currently I am having the same problem,

Neither First solution nor the second helped me to resolve the problem, I have also read the Product documentation.

My printer always prints the page for alignement, Yellow and Balck are regularly well printed, but Cyan and Magenta are not enough and their quantity vary.

HP diagnostic utility reported that printe heads state is well.            

* * *  Please check my post here  .  .  .

Honor Student
digitsync
Message 5 of 16 (18,472 Views)

Is there a way to turn it off?  I have  a very minor color head clog and which is OK for me, however, the printer

keeps nagging me  to align printhead!

Student
HP-JOHN
Message 6 of 16 (18,147 Views)

Had color issues diagnosed as printhead failure. installed 2 printheads for which health shows good .  "aligning printing" comment locked in repeat mode each print time. 

Honor Student
Rich_in_NFPA
Message 7 of 16 (16,439 Views)

I've followed the instructions in the referenced document and I've checked the foam strip, both to no avail. I've installed new ink cartridges and replaced both print heads and still have problems. The error messages alternate unpredictably between alignment failed messages and cyan and yellow cartridges are depeleted -- they're brand new!

I tried using HP's service center locator on the website but it tells me there are no service centers within 1000 miles -- seriously? I live between Baltimore and Harrisburg and there is nowhere within 1000 miles to get my HP product serviced? I don't believe it. It appears the service center locator is working as well as the printer at this point.

What am I supposed to do now?

Honor Student
Rich_in_NFPA
Message 8 of 16 (16,381 Views)

Well, I can't live without a functioning duplexing printer so I've ordered an Epson WF-3540. Much cheaper than the 8500A. When my HP Photosmart bites the dust I'll repace it with another printer that can print on CDs and DVDs but it probably won't be an HP. (Can you say "Sayonara" boys & girls?) Fortunately I have a friend with a similar HP printer who can use the ink cartridges and maybe the printheads from my enormous paperweight. The county I live in has an electronics recycling day once a month at a central location. Guess where I'll be the 3rd Saturday in September.

Honor Student
mcmsweet
Message 9 of 16 (15,057 Views)

[ Edited ]

airmecuk wrote:

The foam padding under the print head slide rail had lifted slightly catching the underside of the print head, which in turn causes the alignment to fail.

Open the printer top cover and using your fingers press the foam down as hard as you can. Do this for the entire length of the slide rail. Close the top cover and restart the print head alignment sequence.

Thanks so much for this solution airmecuk! I did this to my printer and got it to successfully align the print heads! Now I'm trying to clean the print heads because my documents still come out a little faded in some areas.

:update: - running the 3rd level cleaning operation fixed the faded documents.

Student
lilacbush
Message 10 of 16 (6,578 Views)

Printer will not print in black

tried two new cartridges

aligned

cleaned

checked tubes

unplugged

What causes it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation