Question

Honor Student
zmgalen2000
Message 1 of 3 (94 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

Has anyone else experienced this? My power button does not light up. And it does not work. However, the printer works just fine. But I can't turn it off and on. Technical support is sending me a new printer, but I dont want this to happen again. :smileysad: The printer is great, and the button broke out of nowhere. Help please!!! I have tried ALL methods to fix this...nothing!
Student
JeanMac
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

I have a similar but graver problem.  My HP Officejet 4500 power button does not work; unlike your problem, my printer does seem to be receiving (some) power.  It's strange that the status panel on my machine lights up, but when I press the power button - nothing.  I looked on HP's web site for a fix, but found only fixes for software problems. 

It appears that it is getting power, but after checking and rechecking all of the connections, I still cannot get enough power to operate the machine, and the HP troubleshooting software primarily addresses software and network connectivity issues.  I am going to take the machine to Best Buy and see if the "Geeks" can figure it out. Hopefully I won't have pay as much for the fix as I did for the printer...

Honor Student
zmgalen2000
Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

I know my issue is LITERALLY the exact same thing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation