07-02-2014 11:30 PM
07-03-2014 07:50 AM
I have a similar but graver problem. My HP Officejet 4500 power button does not work; unlike your problem, my printer does seem to be receiving (some) power. It's strange that the status panel on my machine lights up, but when I press the power button - nothing. I looked on HP's web site for a fix, but found only fixes for software problems.
It appears that it is getting power, but after checking and rechecking all of the connections, I still cannot get enough power to operate the machine, and the HP troubleshooting software primarily addresses software and network connectivity issues. I am going to take the machine to Best Buy and see if the "Geeks" can figure it out. Hopefully I won't have pay as much for the fix as I did for the printer...
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)