Question

Honor Student
zmgalen2000
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

Has anyone else experienced this? My power button does not light up. And it does not work. However, the printer works just fine. But I can't turn it off and on. Technical support is sending me a new printer, but I dont want this to happen again. :smileysad: The printer is great, and the button broke out of nowhere. Help please!!! I have tried ALL methods to fix this...nothing!
Student
JeanMac
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

I have a similar but graver problem.  My HP Officejet 4500 power button does not work; unlike your problem, my printer does seem to be receiving (some) power.  It's strange that the status panel on my machine lights up, but when I press the power button - nothing.  I looked on HP's web site for a fix, but found only fixes for software problems. 

It appears that it is getting power, but after checking and rechecking all of the connections, I still cannot get enough power to operate the machine, and the HP troubleshooting software primarily addresses software and network connectivity issues.  I am going to take the machine to Best Buy and see if the "Geeks" can figure it out. Hopefully I won't have pay as much for the fix as I did for the printer...

Honor Student
zmgalen2000
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Broken Power Button

I know my issue is LITERALLY the exact same thing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation