Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Helo,

Our 8600 Plus takes up to 2 minutes to print each page. It does not seem to be a computer or network issue since prinitng reports or network configurations from the printers control screen produces the same results. Typically the paper feeds are rolling back and forth during this waiting period. I have checked for any jammed paper and did not see any obstructions.

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi AlleyCats,

Understand that you have slow printing issue.

Firstly, could you help to check "Print Seting"? It is because Print settings can affect print times. For instance, if you are printing in "Best Mode", it will take more time to print. Follow these steps to check the settings for print quality.

Print Setting.JPG

If you are facing with slow printing even after in "Draft" or "Normal" mode, I would like you to refer to this Guide for further troubleshooting.

Please let  me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bryan 

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, but like AlleyCat the issue happens with the computer out of the equation.  Printing simple reports directly off of the printer are extremely slow to print.  Printing a simple basic report can take 2 minutes to print 3 pages.   That not sending a job through the computer but using the menu on the printer itself and printing.

HP Recommended

WOW!  I found on another thread where people were having the same issue and someone discovered the issue was caused by a small piece of paper stuck on the right side when the printer was opened up.  I had the user check and sure enough they found a piece of paper and once it was cleared the printer started printing normally.  YAY!!!

HP Recommended

Me too.  My HP OfficeJet 8600 had an entire sheet of paper crumpled up in the far right of the

inside.  The ink cartridges were moving back and forth several times for at least a couple of minutes

for each print job.  There was no error messages indicated anywhere.  

HP Recommended

The solution appeared to work until I printed a document in landscape.  That reverted to printing super slow

again.  Now everything prints super slow whether landscape or portrait.   I'm using the lastest printer

supplied by Microsoft Windows 10. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @LeviL, @AlleyCats,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding slow printing. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a Windows 10 or software update?
  • Did you make a few copies directly from the printer to isolate the issue further?
  • Is the printer connected to a wireless network?

.For now please try these steps:

• Please run the print and scan doctor utility from here http://hp.care/2syjvp6;
  • and check if that fixes the issue.
  • Please make 3 copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer to check if the copy speeds are correct. If the copy correctly, then please perform these steps:

Please uninstall the printer completely by following these steps:

• Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
  • Click on print server properties.
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
  • Restart the PC again.

Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2syjMIg and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

Later please update the printer firmware from the same link.

Finally please follow only these steps mentioned below from this link: http://hp.care/2sxOrFI for printer offline issues.

• Step 6: Create a manual connection (network connections only)
  • Under other things to try option please disable IP V6 option.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.
  • This will do the trick for you.

This is a useful solved link: http://hp.care/2rJBV3n  for slow printing posted by an expert. You could follow the steps mentioned in it for furhter assistance if the problem perisists

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Cheers 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.