Question

Student
wnderman101
Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 firmware CLP1CN1304AR not compatible with Office 2013

The newest firmware update for the Officejet Pro 8600 is not compatible specifically with Microsoft Office 2013.  The print menu in Office 2013 for two sided printing is made defunct and will not work.  Prior to the HP automatic firmware update, there were no printing issues in Office 2013 at all.  Now, you must go into "printer properties" and choose the two side print option and exit printer properties before printing.  You must do this again to revert back to single side printing.  The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" in the print window is defunct.  This is not the case with Office 2010 or any acrobat programs, however.  So, if your business relies upon Office 2013 -- DO NOT BUY HP OFFICEJET PRO 8600 and to be safe, you may also want to avoid all the other HP printers as well getting firmware updates.  I have confirmed with HP tech Dexter at WA location that HP has no solution in the works, no patch and no apparent interest, but in fact, it is the fault of Microsoft Office 2013.  So, according to Dexter, if you want to use HP Officejet Pro 8600 you should blame Microsoft.

Master's Graduate
prabaa
Message 2 of 3 (527 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 firmware CLP1CN1304AR not compatible with Office 2013

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

I've tried to reproduce the issue with office 2013 word document on same printer with same firmware, and it is working fine over the network.

Could you give us more details like

1. share the document which give the issue

2. Pass us the print dirver details.. settings, version...etc

3. OS and USB/Network details

4. and anything else useful

Thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Teacher
csmys
Message 3 of 3 (479 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 firmware CLP1CN1304AR not compatible with Office 2013

hi wnderman101,

would like to clarify with you, you mentioned 'The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" in the print window is defunct.'

may i know

1. is 'The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" refer to clicking on the properties button at the print dialog screen follow by the 'print on both sides' under the 'layout' tab in the printing preference?

2. when you say the 'print onboth sides' is defunct, do you mean after you selected 'print on both sides' to either 'flip on long edge' or 'flip on short edge' but the printout remain as simplex?

print option screenprint properties

I am employed by HP .....(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation