Question

Honor Student
shilo12
Message 1 of 6 (221 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 plus - multiple pages feeding during printing

I bought the officejet pro 8600 plus a year ago. Once a month I have a meeting that I have to do large volumes of printing for. Every month during this time, the printer will feed multiple pages at a time, and it wastes paper, ink, and my time. I called hp support center 4 times over the year, and they finally sent me a refurbished replacement printer. I set the new printer up yesterday. Today I had to print a large volume of newsletters, and the printer does the same thing as the last one. I waited to print these so I could check out the new printer. Is this a design flaw? Have I gotten 2 bad printers in a row? Am I the only one having this problem? I am seriously out of patience, and want a refund, but I doubt that I will get one. I like the printer, but I am not going to go through this every month. I am just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with this printer? I have done everything they have asked me to do over the last year with no improvement. Any suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 6 (197 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 plus - multiple pages feeding during printing

Hi shilo12,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand the printer is feeding in multiple papers at the same time.

I will be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue again.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.

I have provided a document that you may take a look at for More Than One Page at a Time Feeds through the Printer. Also check the Tips for preventing paper feed issues section. 

What kind of paper are you using?

What size of paper are you using?

Does it happen with plain paper?

Did you change the paper type through the print driver?

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a wonderful day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
shilo12
Message 3 of 6 (188 Views)

Thanks for responding. I have the printer plugged into a surge protector that is plugged into the wall. Does this matter? The cord on my printer won't reach the wall outlet. I live in a basement with limited outlets. If you think this will make a difference I will try and figure something out.

The paper settings in print driver is the same as what I use. The paper type I use is 20 weight Georgia-Pacific multipurpose paper letter size.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 6 (181 Views)

Hi shilo12,

Having the printer connected to a surge protector can affect the performance of the printer.

(lines in the scans, rejecting cartridges, not getting enough power)

Do a hard reset and connect the printer directly to a wall outlet.

With the printer still turned on, disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer, if the printer has external power module with a detachable power cord disconnect it for 15 seconds and then reconnect it.
Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to drain the power.

Then disconnect the power cable from the wall outlet.

Wait 10 seconds and reconnect the power cable back to the wall outlet first, then the back of the printer and power it on again.

Load more then 10 pieces of paper at a time and less then 25.

If you can access the paper rollers then try and clean them.

Update the firmware on the printer. HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

What is the environment like where the printer is located?

Is the printer in a cabinet, dampness in the room or humidity?

Where is paper stored? (is it left in the printer)
Is the paper sealed when not being used?

Try a new rim of paper to see if that will resolve the issue.

Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Casey80
Message 5 of 6 (163 Views)

Hi,

I am also having the same problem.  We purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus on March 9th, and every few pages the feeder will grab 2 pages and overlap by about an inch.  I've tried cleaning everything, changing settings, and it is still doing the same thing.

Pages offset

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 6 (157 Views)

Hi Casey80,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are having the same paper feed issue.

I will be happy to help you.

If you haven't already I would update the printer's firmware to see if that will help.

Make sure the paper settings are set to the proper paper type.

Try different paper to see if you have the same issue.

If the printer is connected directly into a wall outlet and the paper feed document that was provided in the previous post were all done, then most likely the printer will need to be serviced.

I would recommend to contact HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you, you can also inquire about the trade in and trade up program.

Contact HP Worldwide.

Thank You.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation