Question

Honor Student
texasnutguy
Message 1 of 4 (936 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 printing problem

this printer is on a UVerse wireless network. The printer is less then 2 months old.

Not sure even how to explain this. Yesterday no problems. today trying to print some Microsoft Word labels and it wouldn't come out of sleep. when it does come out, cycles up like it is going to print then sits there. Then prints half a page maybe then stops. Wait a while and it will print most or all of what is left. If it doesn't print it all it will print another page with black ink all ove the place, orderly but it looks like a sysmic graph. Ran Doc and it was fine, printed fast. copied and it copied fine. I have also tried printing emails with the same results.

Our last printer did almost the same thing but it was 6 years old. the new one has been running fine since we got it, till now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Honor Student
texasnutguy
Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 printing problem

After it stalls, if I hit the red X to stop printing after a while, several minutes, it will print out the black sysmic graph looking stuff.

Steve

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 3 of 4 (889 Views)

Officejet Pro 8600 printing problem

Do you only have the problem printing from Word?

Is the printer plugged into a surge protector, power strip, or power backup?

What OS are you using?

Do you have automatic updates turned on in the printer to ensure you have the latest firmware installed?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
ferniech
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 printing problem

We are having problems printing Word Documents.  We send documents to print and the computer goes through all the normal windows, the document "disappears" from the printer screen, but no document comes out of the printer.  We have no problems printing maintenance pages, diagnostic pages etc but Word documents won't print.  Wireless and Hard wire do not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation