12-06-2012 05:57 PM
this printer is on a UVerse wireless network. The printer is less then 2 months old.
Not sure even how to explain this. Yesterday no problems. today trying to print some Microsoft Word labels and it wouldn't come out of sleep. when it does come out, cycles up like it is going to print then sits there. Then prints half a page maybe then stops. Wait a while and it will print most or all of what is left. If it doesn't print it all it will print another page with black ink all ove the place, orderly but it looks like a sysmic graph. Ran Doc and it was fine, printed fast. copied and it copied fine. I have also tried printing emails with the same results.
Our last printer did almost the same thing but it was 6 years old. the new one has been running fine since we got it, till now.
Thanks in advance for any help.
12-14-2012 06:03 PM
Is the printer plugged into a surge protector, power strip, or power backup?
What OS are you using?
Do you have automatic updates turned on in the printer to ensure you have the latest firmware installed?
07-15-2014 09:17 AM
We are having problems printing Word Documents. We send documents to print and the computer goes through all the normal windows, the document "disappears" from the printer screen, but no document comes out of the printer. We have no problems printing maintenance pages, diagnostic pages etc but Word documents won't print. Wireless and Hard wire do not work.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series