Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just spent one hour with HP support on the phone. The technician reloaded software and failed to correct the problem of images being cut off by my new HP 8620.

Both Word and Powerpoint cannot be printed completely. Text is fine.

I am using Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Change - Preserve Layout from No to Yes - This cannot be changed on the Advanced selection of hte 8620 Driver. Can't HP fix their driver to make graphics work in Word?  I'd hate to box this thing back up and return.

HP Recommended

This is a follow up to HP's e-mail telling me about 8620 cutting off parts of images in WORD and Powerpoint...I have worked around the problem.  I use WORDPAD for images rather than Word. I have also used PAINT. Really sorry that I bought the 8620.

HP Recommended

I found on another forum that the problem is that the display settings is set at 125%.  When I changed my Display setting in Windows to 100% - the graphics now print correctly.  Something in the printer driver is getting the Windows graphic setting of 125% and then printing the graphic at 125% - thus cutting off part of it.  You'd think the HP would spend a few hours fixing their printer driver to NOT use the Windows display setting when printing graphics and avoid thousands of printers from being returned.  I unfortnately must keep my Display Settings at 125% due to a loss of my sight - so the printer is either going back and I'll file an ADA complaint against HP - or HP can rewrite the 8620 printer driver for Windows 7.  My disability should not restrict which printer I can have.

HP Recommended

SandiKeith:

I completely agree with you about HP's lack of concern. The time I spent with the HP "help" number was totally useless. When I told a friend that HP wanted me to call MicroSoft and reload WORD etc., my friend laughed.

Your discovery that the DISPLAY RESOLUTION is the issue seems to be correct. I have catract-removed far-sightness and wih glasses the smaller display resolution is not a problem. But why the HP 8620 printer driver cannot handle the larger display resolution sure makes me suspicious of the quality of HP's work.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the workaround.  Now I have to strain my eyes in order to print.  This is stupid.  Why would a PRINTER have anything to do with the size of the display?  Very very uncaring of HP to ignore this.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem - images in any MS Office product are blown up in size so that the images are cut off to the right and bottom. Extremely annoying! Is there a fix yet?

HP Recommended

I have discovered that setting the screen resolution at 100% helps, but not 100% of the time.  I have not had any help from HP, and am disappointed that they are concerned enough to send me customer service rating surveys, but not to actually fix this issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response but it did nothing.

HP Recommended

Duplex printing did nothing. Still HP is cutting off the Word pictures.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.