Officejet pro 8600 won't print (12719 Views)
Student
ehb_uk
Message 1 of 47 (12,719 Views)

Officejet pro 8600 won't print

Hi,

I have an Officejet pro 8600 wireless with a Mac OSx 10.6. All has worked fine up to now - I have owned for a few months. Today it stopped printing for me. No error messages, just any print job stuck in the queue - Printer just says 'Idle' or 'Ready'. I have worked through HP's troubleshooting - and have tried all their suggestions - restart, unplug, delete and re-add printer, check wireless, to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

And why can't there be a direct link to HP Support? I don't mind trying to solve the problem myself at first but when that doesn't work it would be nice to be able to call or IM someone at HP.

Liz

Master's Graduate
Garland_M
Message 2 of 47 (12,682 Views)

Officejet pro 8600 won't print

[ Edited ]

Hi Liz,

Try resetting the print system, here's how :smileyhappy:.

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

Student
edrphotos
Message 3 of 47 (11,882 Views)

Re: Officejet pro 8600 won't print

I'm having the same problem with an HP laptop with Windows 8.  Help please?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 47 (11,877 Views)

@edrphotos, I see that you are having a problem with printing. 

Are you getting an error message when you try to print. You can try to run the Print and Scan Doctor and check the results. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03275041

Have you been able to print before?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Tutor
dclay79
Message 5 of 47 (11,866 Views)

I am having this same issue with my Officejet 8600 Premium with Mac OS 10.6.8.   I have tried all suggestions listed by HP and this forum including deleting and readding the printer and a hard reset and still have unresolved printing issues.  My print jobs sit in the queue.  I can see the printer on the network and get the message I am connected to the printer.  I have been printing to this printer for 9 months with no problems, but suddenly started after I changed the black ink cartridge.  I can't imagine that had anything to do with it.  I have deleted the printer and readded.  I have reset the modem and router multiple times.  I have downloaded current drivers.  When I run network diagnostics from the printer dialog box I get a server error with the following message:  Officejet Pro 8600 [93600C]._ipp._tcp.local not found on server.  

I have no other error messages.  My network appears to be working properly otherwise.

Suggestions?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 6 of 47 (11,857 Views)

@dclay79, you can try to run the print and scan doctor. 

Here is a link that may assist you with that. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03275041

Before you run this tool, try to print a self test page from the printer itself (under reports) or make a copy. I want to make sure the hardware function of the printer is still working. If it does not print out a test page or print copy, then it has nothing to do with software (uninstalling and re-installing). 

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Tutor
dclay79
Message 7 of 47 (11,853 Views)

This link says it is not available to use on the Mac OS X 10.6.  For Windows only. : (

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 8 of 47 (11,847 Views)

Sorry, I noticed you had a MAC. Yes, the scan doctor only works for Windows. 

Are you able to print a self-test page or make a copy from the printer? Just 

Here is a link that may assist you, because it may not contain a wireless connections very well. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Make sure the IP Address is still the same on the printer and the computer.

Tutor
dclay79
Message 9 of 47 (11,835 Views)

Yes, test page from printer works fine.  Yes, IP address is OK.  I worked through the rest of check list and nothing worked.  I noticed that several others have the same issue which has never been resolved.

Again, when I run network diagnostics the Server fails and the message I get is, "Can't find Officejet Pro 8600 [93600C]._ipp._tcp.local.

I am printing from a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6.8   The printing has worked for months and suddenly quit with no apparent changes made to equipment or network configurations.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 10 of 47 (11,795 Views)

Try to disable your firewall and anti-virus. 

Also perform a hard reset on the router. Unplug for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation