Oficejet 4622 Stopped printing black (982 Views)
Student
bfraser61
Message 1 of 5 (982 Views)

Oficejet 4622 Stopped printing black

I was initially getting faded spots while printing black. Now the printer wont print in black at allo. I have replaced all the cartridges and still nothing.

Student
nohelpfromhp
Message 2 of 5 (974 Views)

Re: Oficejet 4622 Stopped printing black

I cannot print black, only gray.  Have done all tests & wasted a lot of time, ink, and paper.  Keep getting message that alignment failed.  Just replaced black cartridge a couple of days ago & it worked fine.  Nothing has changed since then so I don't understand why the sudden problem.  All colors are fine.  All cartridges are genuine HP.  All printer settings are correct.  I am at a loss as to what else to do and there seems to be no meaningful help available from HP.  Printer is C310e (I think) all-in-one & is a little over 2 yrs old.  What can I do?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 3 of 5 (945 Views)

Sorry that you both are having this issue. 

@bfraser61, Try to clean the print head. Sometimes the contacts gets dirty and the print head doesn't read cartridges very clearly. There is a latch on the basket with the cartridges in it. Lift it up and take the basket area out. Make sure you clean with lint free cloth and water.

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03137135&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

@nohelpfromhp, it seems that you may have the same situation. The print heads needs clean because it is not reading the contact right. The link for your printer is listed below. You can lift the latch also and clean with lint free and water. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02187415&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Let me know if this works. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
SGT1
Message 4 of 5 (789 Views)

Officejet multi printer stopped printing black print.  All other colors still working fine.   Have used only HP ink as recommended.  Printer is one year old and not over worked. 

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 5 (771 Views)

Hello SGT1,

I understand that you are having a print quality issue; not printing black ink. That's great that you are using Genuine HP ink, and yes we recommend that. I have a document that will help you out: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03137135&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Please follow this document and it will fix your issue.

*Note in the document when it say's clean the print head, you can do this up to six times as long as the quality improves.*

Let me know how it goes.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation