01-28-2013 09:49 AM
I cannot print black, only gray. Have done all tests & wasted a lot of time, ink, and paper. Keep getting message that alignment failed. Just replaced black cartridge a couple of days ago & it worked fine. Nothing has changed since then so I don't understand why the sudden problem. All colors are fine. All cartridges are genuine HP. All printer settings are correct. I am at a loss as to what else to do and there seems to be no meaningful help available from HP. Printer is C310e (I think) all-in-one & is a little over 2 yrs old. What can I do?
03-15-2013 01:50 PM
Sorry that you both are having this issue.
@bfraser61, Try to clean the print head. Sometimes the contacts gets dirty and the print head doesn't read cartridges very clearly. There is a latch on the basket with the cartridges in it. Lift it up and take the basket area out. Make sure you clean with lint free cloth and water.
Here is a link that may assist you with this problem.
@nohelpfromhp, it seems that you may have the same situation. The print heads needs clean because it is not reading the contact right. The link for your printer is listed below. You can lift the latch also and clean with lint free and water.
Let me know if this works.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
11-05-2013 09:55 AM
Officejet multi printer stopped printing black print. All other colors still working fine. Have used only HP ink as recommended. Printer is one year old and not over worked.
11-07-2013 07:58 PM
I understand that you are having a print quality issue; not printing black ink. That's great that you are using Genuine HP ink, and yes we recommend that. I have a document that will help you out: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Please follow this document and it will fix your issue.
*Note in the document when it say's clean the print head, you can do this up to six times as long as the quality improves.*
Let me know how it goes.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series