Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520

Recently out of no where my printer has suddenly begun to only print out Word or PDF documents on half of the printer paper. By half the paper I mean it prints them out as if the settings for printing were to fit multiple pages (probably 2) per sheet of paper. I checked my printing settings and it was still set to print 1 page per side and then to flip along the long side to double side print. I also made sure that the size of paper set in the printing settings matched up with the size of paper I am actually using within the printer. I tried resetting my printer and my computer but neither seem to work. Any help is appreciated thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @IIChanceII!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would be happy to provide some assistance in hopefully getting your issue resolved!

I can see that your suddenly getting an issue when printing Microsoft Word or PDF documents.  I suggest uninstalling and re-installing the HP Software if you have not already.  If you could provide me with the operating system version that your computer is running then I should be able to provide the updated software for the Photosmart 6520 and instructions on how to uninstall.

To get the operating system version for WIndows click: Windows Operating System

To get the operating system version for Mac click: Mac Operating System

Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums! 

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @IIChanceII!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would be happy to provide some assistance in hopefully getting your issue resolved!

I can see that your suddenly getting an issue when printing Microsoft Word or PDF documents.  I suggest uninstalling and re-installing the HP Software if you have not already.  If you could provide me with the operating system version that your computer is running then I should be able to provide the updated software for the Photosmart 6520 and instructions on how to uninstall.

To get the operating system version for WIndows click: Windows Operating System

To get the operating system version for Mac click: Mac Operating System

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks you for the reply! I am running windows 8.1 currently.

HP Recommended

It's not a problem @IIChanceII!

Thanks for providing the operating system!  I was able to locate documentation on how to uninstall. I also provided a link to the download for the HP Photosmart 6520 full feature software and drivers.

To uninstall the HP software click: Uninstalling HP Software

To download the HP Photosmart 6520 full feature software and drivers click: HP Photosmart 6520 full feature software and drivers

Let me know how everything turns out!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Yeah I reinstalled the software and I fiugred out what happened. My preferences were somehow locked into two pages per side when printing documents and even if I changed it to one it would remain that way. Reinstalling the software fixed that little gltich and when I changed it to one it actually worked. Thanks you for the links and your help!

HP Recommended

Hi. I am using Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 and I am also experiencing this problem. Please help!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Out of no where when I send a document to my HP 8100 printer it prints half of the page as it the paragraph setting was set to 4 inches instead of 8.5.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.