07-25-2013 08:53 AM
I hope after registration it took me back to the correct board.
I have an HP Deskjet 2050 J510c printer.
I installed the software/driver updates and reset the printer.
Everything went well upon installation.
Now, my PC does not recognize the default printer for some reason, although, it's the only printer installed on my computer.
I haven't been able to locate any answers regarding this problem which is why I came here.
I really hope there is an answer to correct the problem.
I've also run the HP Installation troubleshooter and HPP doctor. When it asked to print nothing happened.
Thank you for your time.
07-26-2013 01:36 AM
What operating system is it ? How is the printer connected i.e USB/Network ?
It might be you need to uninstall the print driver, unplug the printer, re-install the driver then plug in when requested.
Or it could be something like the firewall preventing access ?
Hard to guess without the operating system type
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series