07-25-2013 08:53 AM
I hope after registration it took me back to the correct board.
I have an HP Deskjet 2050 J510c printer.
I installed the software/driver updates and reset the printer.
Everything went well upon installation.
Now, my PC does not recognize the default printer for some reason, although, it's the only printer installed on my computer.
I haven't been able to locate any answers regarding this problem which is why I came here.
I really hope there is an answer to correct the problem.
I've also run the HP Installation troubleshooter and HPP doctor. When it asked to print nothing happened.
Thank you for your time.
07-26-2013 01:36 AM
What operating system is it ? How is the printer connected i.e USB/Network ?
It might be you need to uninstall the print driver, unplug the printer, re-install the driver then plug in when requested.
Or it could be something like the firewall preventing access ?
Hard to guess without the operating system type
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)