Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm able to print jpegs, word documents, even internet pages but not PDF file. Each time I want to print a document from internet or saved on my computer that uses Acrobat Reader, I just always get a blank sheet.

The printer does it's usual routine such as it shows the logo on the bottom right of my screen saying printing, A page opens for setup and properties so I can press start printing. The printer takes the paper as usual, and then it "fakes out" the printing as if It thought it was pringing but prints nothing. All these steps for a total blank sheet, and unless I press the red "X" button, it "prints"(although not a drop of ink was used) as if it was printing a high quality image at maximum DPI really slowly.

My drivers are up to date.

So if it's not a driver problem that would have compatibility issues with PDF files, what is it?

How can HP and any other printer companies, still make printers that don't do the job? Is it a sad joke? Somekind of selling technique to make consumers buy new ones? How come, I have never heard of a single printer, that actually works? I would sincerely be curious to fall on some research/statistics on how many minutes do people lose each day on malfonctionning printers. Why make us install programs, that should do the job of communicating our personal computer to the printers, if it doesn't make the printer understand what the user had asked it to do?

Running vista64 home premium

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello,

Open the PDF doucument .
Click on   File > Properties .  Document Properties  will be displayed.
Under " Document Properties " window, Click on "Security" tab.

Check if "Printing: Allowed". If it is not probably you will not be able to print.

Else try the below steps .....
File > Print . Make sure Your printer is selected, then Click on "Advance " at bottom.
Make sure "Print as Image " is having check. Click OK . And click on OK again to Print.

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with PDFs displayed in safari.  If I right click on the document and select <Properties>, all of the  security attributes including printing are <Allowed>/, yet when I select <Print>, it still results in a blank page.

Saving the document to the local hard drive overcomes the problem but I don't want my hard drive clogged up with copies of pdf files that I will use just once.

Need a better solution.

HP Recommended

Hi CliveMT,

I understand you're experiencing issues printing PDFs through Safari. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but I will do my best to help.

I just need to ask a few questions to help you better.

What printer do you have? (Click here to get help finding the right number)

What version of Mac is on your computer? (Click here to see how to check)

How is the printer connected to the Mac?

Do you know if there is an update available for your Adobe, or have you tried updating it?

Do you have issues printing anything else from Safari?

Once I have this information I should be able to help better!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@CliveMT wrote:

I have the same problem with PDFs displayed in safari.  If I right click on the document and select <Properties>, all of the  security attributes including printing are <Allowed>/, yet when I select <Print>, it still results in a blank page.

Saving the document to the local hard drive overcomes the problem but I don't want my hard drive clogged up with copies of pdf files that I will use just once.

Need a better solution.

Hey, CliveMT, if MissTeriLynn's solution helps you, would  you please mark it then the later viewers can directly go to the solution instead of trying each proposed solutions. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem printing to a HPC5280 printer.  I can save the image to my desktop and print, but prefer to print directly.  This problem just began today....help

HP Recommended

Goto:  File  --> Print  -->  In dropdown option "Comment & Forms", select "Document and Markups".

HP Recommended

Check "Print as Image" under File > Print

HP Recommended

File > Print > check box Print as Image worked for me!!

HP Recommended

hi i had the same problem  try saving the pdf file then open with the adobie program the print

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.