Paper Jams/Feed Errors (975 Views)
Honor Student
Yellzee
Message 1 of 4 (975 Views)

Paper Jams/Feed Errors

I just installed my HP Deskjet 3051A all in one series and it will not print.  Every time I try to print the paper jams, and it appears like maybe one of the rollers is not working properly.  I put new and different paper in, 10 sheets at a time, I downloaded drivers and other things from the trouble-shooting section of HP's website and I have tried to re-align the printer, but nothing works.  Should I just return the printer and exchange it for a new one?  It's brand new and I haven't been able to print one thing successfully.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (921 Views)

Re: Paper Jams/Feed Errors

Hi Yallzee, 

Follow the steps in the document at the link. Let me know what you find out?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02724767&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Yellzee
Message 3 of 4 (920 Views)

Thanks for replying, however, I have in fact already done all of those steps.  The printer is completely BRAND NEW and this is the first time we have even tried printing with it.  There is no dust, the cartridges and everything are able to move freely, yet every single piece of paper jams up EVERY TIME.  I have even tried downloading drivers to my computer from your site in hopes that that would help, but nothing does.  My opinion so far is that this printer is a piece of crap that I never should have bought.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 4 (918 Views)

Hi Yellzee, 

If you just purchased the printer then I would suggest contacting our technical support. This way they can verify if you have a hardware failure, and replace the printer. Please call us at 800-474-6836 if you are in US/Canada region. If you are outside US/Canada region click on the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation