Question

Top Student
wmancke
Message 1 of 11 (728 Views)

Paper Mismatch Error - Photosmart Premium C410

I am continually getting a 'Paper Mismatch' error.  Just running standard 8.5" x 11" paper, checked all settings in programs, ran printer align.  I even bought new paper just in case.  Still can't print - I can't even get the printer to print its own diagnositc report.  Is there any way to override this?  Anything I can do at all?

Thanks

Top Student
wmancke
Message 2 of 11 (705 Views)

Re: Paper Mismatch Error - Photosmart Premium C410

I have also reinstalled the firmware on the printer, reinstalled Word, PostBox, etc. on my computer, turned everything off/on multiple times.

I got one item to print then the printer defaulted back to the error message.  If i could at least override this, at least i could get some work done.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 3 of 11 (684 Views)

Hi wmancke,

Is the Model # for your printer C410 a, b, c, d or e ?

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Is there any change?

Are you able to place a document face down on the scanner glass and make a photocopy?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
wmancke
Message 4 of 11 (677 Views)

C410 - when I do a hard reset it will be good for a while but after two or three documents print, it goes back to the paper mismatch error.

I can make a copy, no problem - it's just when i try to print. I've gone over and over my printer settings - I think the issue may be there - but I can't understand if that's the case why it wouldn't give me that error every time I print.
Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 5 of 11 (665 Views)

You might take a look at the following link.  Click Here  Are you adjusting the paper guide as shown in the link video for Loading Plain Paper?

Can you print a Printer Status Report and give me the  A.) Product #  and  B.) Firmware Version  for the printer?  To print the report, press the setup or "wrench" button on the printer control screen and then press the right arrow until you see Print Report.  Press OK to select Print Report and then press OK to select Printer Status Report.

I am linking the User's Guide for your printer in case you may find it helpful.  Click Here 

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
wmancke
Message 6 of 11 (651 Views)

a) Product # CQ521A

b) Firmware Version: VAx2FN1121AR

Sorry it took me a while - when I tried to print the report, I kept getting the same paper mismatch error.

And here's another variable - I have the printer on a network at the office and neither of the other two people printing to it have any issue.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 7 of 11 (645 Views)

No problem.  I'm glad to hear from you.

Your printer's Model # is C410a.

What is the operating system for your computer and computers B and C ?

I wasn't able to find a firmware update for the printer.  When you said that you reinstalled the firmware, could it have been software instead?  If so, was the software from a disk that came with the printer or was it a download from hp.com ?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
wmancke
Message 8 of 11 (644 Views)

I reinstalled the firmware online - we are all running OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 9 of 11 (639 Views)

Is  this  what was installed?  If not, can you give me a link for what was installed? 

Is Word saving the settings you key in? 

If you select letter size paper:

1. What type of paper do you choose?  Can you change it to Plain Paper if that is not already the setting?
  2. Which tray is chosen?  If it is set to automatic, try changing it to the Main Tray.

Are there any changes?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Top Student
wmancke
Message 10 of 11 (620 Views)

Yes, that is what I installed.  I did it again last Friday just in case something was in error with my install.

I have adjusted paper settings in Word but to no avail.

And here's something fun - I WAS the only one having an issue but now two of us are getting the error from different computers.

If they would all just have an issue I could focus on just the printer being the issue but that one person can print all he likes without error.

Also - if I reboot the printer, I can get two to three jobs accepted before I get the mismatch error.  This is printing from Word, Excel, Chrome and Safari.  I have also tried using Airprint, using the network AND running a hard wire.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation