Question

Student
karonk
Message 1 of 5 (2,047 Views)

Paper comes out blank

[ Edited ]

I've done everything the computer and printer have told me but it still won't print.  Paper comes out blank and it just won't change.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 5 (2,024 Views)

Re: Paper comes out blank

This article should help resolve your blank pages:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892627&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Give the steps listed under your operating system a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
medicps
Message 3 of 5 (1,854 Views)

I need to find out how to stop the blank pages for windows 8. I do not have the problem on my other computers which have xp and windows 7. But with windows 8 I get a blank page and then a printed page. It is very frustrating when you keep running out of paper and have to keep checking. I have a HP Photosmart 7200 wireless printer

Student
pullingmyhairou
Message 4 of 5 (1,845 Views)

We've gone thru all the suggested steps on the HP Officejet Pro 8500a.  When plugged back in it goes thru all the start-up steps several times (ie cleaning the print head, etc) Then it just shuts down/goes to sleep until you try to do anything to it, and it starts all over again.  Won't print a copy or a fax!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 5 (1,821 Views)

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation