05-02-2014 06:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums.
I see that your Officejet 6500 is not picking paper correctly and telling you it's out of paper. I will do my best to help you with this.
For the issue that you're having, I would like to direct you to this document: 'Out of Paper' Error Message Displays and the Product Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper. Follow all the steps suggested in the document, and let me know how it goes.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series