Photo Printing Issues (126 Views)
Tutor
JackB1
Message 1 of 6 (126 Views)

Photo Printing Issues

My problems with 8600 Officejet Pro on Windows 8 are as follows. I follow the print procedure which means I select the proper photo paper and quality then click the icon indicating I would like 2 4X6 prints per page [the picture only shows one print??] and place a single sheet of photo paper, glossy side down in the paper tray on top of regular paper. When I then click "print" the copier only prints a single photo per sheet instead of the two selected. Also, for some reason, the printer will not pull out the photo paper but prints on the regular paper just beneath. 

Tutor
JackB1
Message 2 of 6 (101 Views)

Re: Photo Printing Issues

Would appreciate some input for this problem.
HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 3 of 6 (78 Views)

Hi JackB1,

I can help you print 2 4x6 prints per page. There might be something within the settings that we can modify. What program are you printing from?

Also, It is recommended we only put one paper type in the tray at a time. There is a paper sensor and having different paper types in the tray can cause issues.

Please open the appropriate link below to download and install a firmware update for the printer as well as it may help.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g_n

This firmware will Fix/Enhance

1) Enhance ePrint Diagnostic report for ePrint Setup
2) Improve ease of wireless setup
3) Enhanced Embedded Web Services
4) Improve Print Quality
5) Improve Ink Usage
6) Improve paper path performance
7) Improve Digital scan performance

I look forward to hearing from you so we can take a look at the print settings specific to the program you are using.

Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
JackB1
Message 4 of 6 (74 Views)

Thank you for the reply but, as usual, nothing is easy. First, I do not know which one of the two options applies as I cannot find those N9... numbers anywhere after looking for 1/2 hour. For what it is worth my firmware version is CLP1CN1322CR. It may not make any difference because I noticed it said that the install required a wired or USB hooked up printer. Mine is wirelessly connected. My computer is new, running windows 8 and I have not installed a photo manager yet so it defaults to the standard windows 8 photo printer.

As far as paper goes I understand now that I must remove other paper when using photo paper. If I only plan on printing a couple of photos can one photo sheet be put in the tray or does it need several sheets to operate properly?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 5 of 6 (70 Views)

Hi JackB1

The CLP1CN1322CR is the newest firmware, so don't worry about the update. If you need to know for future reference which model you have you should be able to open the front access door and look inside the printer where the cartridges are. There should be a sticker inside that says weather the printer is a N911a, N911n or N911g.

Yes, you can put in one photo paper at a time. From what you have described, it sounds like you might be printing from within an app. Printing within an app would give you fewer options, I suspect this is the issue.

Let's try.....  Opening Computer, touch the Windows logo key on the keyboard to go to the Start screen, type Computer and click on the Computer icon. In 'Computer', we can click on Pictures on the left and find the picture you are trying to print. Once you find the picture, right click on it and click on 'open with', Windows photo viewer.

In the Photo Viewer you can new select Print and on the right side you should see the option to choose 10 x15 cm (2), this will print 2 4x6 on one page.

I hope this does the trick. Please keep me posted as I am eager to see this resolved. :smileyhappy:

Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
JackB1
Message 6 of 6 (65 Views)

OK the issue is resolved although in a roundabout way. I opened the photo as directed and the icons appeared on the right side to select 2 on a page or different sizes. At first, when highlighting the icon to print 2 4"X6" photos on a page, I got the same result as before which was just one photo showing on the example sheet. This time however the box at the bottom that asks for the number of copies caught my eye. It had a default 1 entered as the number which I originally thought was the number of sheets to print.  I decided to change it to 2 and voila a second photo appeared on the sample sheet. Problem solved. Would not have gotten there if you had not answered my question. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation