Message 1 of 2 (770 Views)

Photosmart 5510 - not so smart - Constant "Align printer cartridge" message

I have over 400,000 "Align print cardridge" messages in my Message Center.... 

It started happening when I replaced the color cartridges back a while ago.... after the replacement I aligned the cartridges.... but still continually got the message saying the Magenta cartridge needed to be aligned....

Well, I got sick of printing alignment pages and aligning it.... so I started to try to ignore the messages....

HOWEVER !  The ignore option for messages doesn't work !  so I have to hit the Align button.... and then cancel EVERY time it decides to check for alignment - MANY MANY times a day !!!!!!

Recently I ran out of black ink... so I replaced it..... NOW I AM GETTING THE CONSTANT MESSAGE FOR TWO freaking cartridges !

1) FIX the freaking option to NOT display the alignment message..... or how about simply putting an X button on the message... so I can just close it ?????????

2) FIX the fact that the printer is not saving the alignment data - or whatever else is wrong....

I am close to losing my patience with this printer !  If I have to abandon this $150 printer I will NOT be buying another HP.... Epson and Canon will get their chance.

Sincerely, TJ

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (676 Views)

Re: Photosmart 5510 - not so smart - Constant "Align printer cartridge" message

I appreciate the constant msgs must be a headache. Are you using the latest drivers?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation