04-14-2014 07:42 PM
I have cleaned the printheads at least a zillion times. After that has failed me, I looked up on youtube and I have even taken out the black cartridge and cleaned the printhead with a damp, warm paper towel. The cartridge isn't the issue, as it's new. Can anyone please help me?!?! The color prints excellent.
04-17-2014 07:49 AM
Welcome to the HP forums!
I see you have a Photosmart 5514 that doesn't seem to be printing the black ink any longer. I'm sorry to hear this, but I will definitely do my best to help out.
I will recommend that you start with following this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document, followed by this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document if the problem persists.
Let me know how this goes for you!!
04-17-2014 08:25 AM
As the printer doesn't have a removable printhead our options are a bit limited. I will suggest that you call HP Tech Support and see what options they can offer you from here.
Hope this helps!
04-17-2014 09:12 AM
Is the printer in warranty? (typically it's one year from date of purchase)
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series