Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Miss Teri Lynn,

Please can you help me too. I have tried every step in the document provided and on other forums.  Problem still persists, black in not working.  The warranty on my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 e-All-in-One Printer expired June 2013.  Since this problem is very commonand HP are aware of it, I'm looking for some resolution.  Please can you get approval for me to send in my HP for free repair.  I am in West Hills, CA Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Omarhadary,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I can't get you approval to send the printer in for repair, but if you call our tech support team, 1-800-474-6836, you can request a replacement at this time.

Let me know how things go for you!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Was told the box and label to send the defective printer back would arrive in 2-3 days. It's been 6 and no box or label. Called today and was told 2-3 days. We'll cross our fingers.
HP Recommended

Can I just call and get a new printer? If it is not that easy I will just go purchase a new printer from a different manufacturer. I read the whole thread and applaude some of HPs actions. I am really upset that I have bought ink 2 times in the last 2 months and it was because of a defect. So.....HP do I get a new printer????????

HP Recommended

Hello @Little35 and welcome to the HP Forums!

At this time, it is that easy 🙂

With the Photosmart 5520, at this time regardless of the warranty, if you call our technical team for your area, they should be able to set up the replacement for you. If they can't just let me know, and I'm here to help as best I can!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. I will call the technition today. Jon

HP Recommended
I still have not received the box. I called a third time today and was told 1-2 days. This is getting ridiculous.
HP Recommended

@Kelseyirene 

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

That's exactly where I'm at now. Need a new printer. I've had this one for around 18 months.

The yellow doesn't print.

Tried everything. It's simply not sucking the ink out of the cartridge. Vented the top of the cartridge. Made sure the cartridge is full. Worked through the Troubleshooting steps. Cleaned the heads. Aligned the cartridges. Disconnected the power plug ~ reconnected it.

I'm done.

HP Recommended
Hello all,
I just got off the phone with HP support and, after walking through the common troubleshooting steps (new cartridge, power on/off, attempt to align heads, etc.) they said you have a defective printer and they are shipping me one. They said it will take 3-5 business days and they are replacing it with a refurbished printer. This seems fair considering this printer is over 2 years old. Don't be afraid to remind them that HP has a recall on this printer. Make sure to be nice to these poor folks, they are just trying to help you.
RJR
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.