Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello,
Previously the printer has been fine in all aspects including wireless printing. But now it will not print from an iOS 8 iPad or a windows 8 laptop. It has printed before with the same iPad on. Same software of iOS 8 - so I can confirm it was not the iOS 8 update that caused the problem. The same goes for the laptop - it printed fine before with it on the same operating software. On the iPad it is not registered as an AirPrint Printer and on the laptop it says it is "Offline". I think the problem is, therefore, with the printer - though it says it is online and connected to our home WiFi (same one as the iPad and laptop are connected to) neither the iPad nor laptop can connect to it or register that it is there.
You can only print wirelessly with the printer (no wire option) so I have been having to do the tedious job of printing with Wireless Direct. When I do this it is fine, but it takes a while and I could rather just print over the home WiFi.
Any suggestions? I have already disconnected the printer from the WiFi and then connected it again (putting in the password again etc).
Very grateful for any help offered. - Louisa
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello LouisaD,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that recently you have not been able to print to the Photosmart 6520 from either an iPad or a Windows 8 computer, but you can connect to the printer's Wireless Direct and print. I would too agree that an issue would not be present in either the iPad or computer, but since it can print with the Wireless Direct connection, I do not think an issue with the printer either.

I have linked these two documents: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8 & Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs (What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?), because they will deal with the basics and help identify if the network is causing a block.

Let me know the results in the best detail possible and we will look further into this if the issue is not resolved.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello LouisaD,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that recently you have not been able to print to the Photosmart 6520 from either an iPad or a Windows 8 computer, but you can connect to the printer's Wireless Direct and print. I would too agree that an issue would not be present in either the iPad or computer, but since it can print with the Wireless Direct connection, I do not think an issue with the printer either.

I have linked these two documents: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8 & Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs (What if a 'No AirPrint Printers Found' message displays on my Apple device?), because they will deal with the basics and help identify if the network is causing a block.

Let me know the results in the best detail possible and we will look further into this if the issue is not resolved.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks. The hard reboot in the first article did the job. However, the rest of the article was useless as it was assuming the laptop was the problem, even though we have already established it was not.
Thanks again. - Louisa
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.