Photosmart 6525 (518 Views)
Honor Student
Yellie
Message 1 of 7 (518 Views)

Photosmart 6525

My photosmart 6525 prints blank pages, regular paper and photo paper. I cannot think of anything that might have precipitated this, but I cannot be sure. I have seen this question in other forums and no one seemed to find a solution. I hope this isn't the case. Thanks.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 7 (499 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6525

Sorry that you are having a problem with the blank pages. 

Try to print a self-test page or printer status report from the printer display screen. 

Does it print?

Also, perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Yellie
Message 3 of 7 (492 Views)

Hi Rudy. Thank you for replying. The printer printed (that is a start) the status report generated from the printer. Under subtitle "Ink Deliverty Stystem" only the black is shown. All of the colors (new cartridges, by the way) are blank. I tried to print a photo (my primary use of the printer) and it was blank

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 7 (489 Views)

Try to clean the print head with lint free cloth and water.

It may be clogged and dirty, and not reading the cartridges correctly.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
Yellie
Message 5 of 7 (485 Views)

Just FYI, I just linked my printer to the internet for remote printing, at least I think it was successful. I don't know anything about the effect of hooking the printer to internet but the timing is notable.

Honor Student
Yellie
Message 6 of 7 (478 Views)

I did everything I could possible do with the knowledge I have from you, the internet...I do not feel comfortable the printhead out for manual cleaning. I couldn't figure out how to get it out anyway, even following instructions. I am going to let the matter rest for now, but messing with photos and printing is a big hobby for me. A shame. Will readdress later. Thank you Rudy.

Top Student
katsco
Message 7 of 7 (366 Views)

You don't have to manually clean the print heads yourself.  If you can find the "manage photosmart 6525" icon that was most likely placed on your desktop when you installed the printer, there is a tab for "print and scan", and under that tab, there is a heading (center column, second down for me) that says "maintain your printer".  Under that category you will find "clean your printheads".  Good luck.  You may have to do a "second level" clean if it still doesn't look right, but it will prompt you for that as well (after the first cleaning).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation