01-02-2013 01:47 PM
I have an 8750 that used to run on Windows XP. It was working fine. We disconnected the printer and moved it from one shelf to another. We did not drop it or bump it. The computer it was originally working on died so I tried to install it on another computer.
The software installs just fine but when it's time to connect, it doesn't recognize it. I have tried this on multiple computers. I have also used different USB cables. Nothing is broken.
I have installed/uninstalled/installed software again.
I have restarted computer, printer, and with no success.
This computer is no longer within warranty or return period.
Any advice? Thank you in advance.
01-16-2013 05:20 PM
After restarting your computer, follow this link and install the printer from the full-feature drivers and software package:
Let me know how this goes or if you have any issues.
If this solves your problem feel free to mark it as a Solution Provided or if I did my job well give me a kudos!
10-29-2013 08:50 AM
I have the same issue with my Photosmart 8750. I attempted to install driver from CD...did not work. Web site stated that driver was properly installed. I called HP customer service which stated that this printer is obsolete and HP will not be providing any drivers for this printer to work with Win 7.
The service rep was nice enough to forward me to sales which hawked a $1,200 printer as a replacement. Gee...thanks. So now I need to replace an expensive photo printer that still works well with XP but which HP refuses to provide a driver for. I will not be buyin another large format HP printer only to have it be obsolete when Win 10 is released.
The most annoying part is that HP knows about this yet their wesite pretends that there is a fix when CS says to throw it out.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series