Question

Honor Student
skippy242
Message 1 of 3 (242 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart +B210 prints from pdf file but not from word, notepad for example. Vista

Printed a multiple color pdf file.  Subsequently cannot print a word, wordperfect, or notepad document.   Printer goes through normal routine but ejects blank pages. I've gone back to original pdf and it prints fine.

I've gone through everything on the HP support sitesuggested for non-printing.   The test tool says everything is fine but won't print a test page although it goes through the motions resulting in a blank page..  In addition to several reboots, I've  completely removed the printer and software  and re-installed with latest drivers to the same result.  Print spooler is empty, printer is default, not paused, or offline,  USB connection.  No error messages.

Thanks in advance.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

Re: Photosmart +B210 prints from pdf file but not from word, notepad for example. Vista

PDF files may print black using the color cartridges.  It sounds like your black is not printing.  See the troubleshooting steps in the document here.  If that does not resolve the issue the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
skippy242
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: Photosmart +B210 prints from pdf file but not from word, notepad for example. Vista

Thank you.  I replaced the black cartridge which corrected the problem although the cartridge was not reading empty.  Lesson learned.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation