08-15-2012 02:58 PM
My HP Photosmart C4650 was making loud clicking noises before printing, but then printing as normal.
I now has stopped making noises and just grabs a piece of paper and does not print, just freezes. The screen on the printer says "Printing" but it never does anything else until I cancel it.
I tried using the Print and Scan Doctor but it said everything was normal. My guess is that a part in the printer has broken. Is there
any way I can know if this would be worthwhile to try to replace or do I just need to invest in a new printer?
I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
08-16-2012 04:55 PM
This definately sounds like a problem with the hardware. There is really only one thing you can try, and that's a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Pull the power cord from the printer.
- Pull the power cord from the wall.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug everything in and trun the printer on.
If that doesn't clear up the problem, you will need to get a new printer. Let me know what happens.
03-17-2014 12:12 PM
My 4650 somehow hung in the Scanner mode, similar to this post but now when it turns on it does various loops through scanninng...then cancelling. I can hit back or cancel and sometimes it will attempt to copy but goes back into a loop mode. Any thoughts???
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)