08-15-2012 02:58 PM
My HP Photosmart C4650 was making loud clicking noises before printing, but then printing as normal.
I now has stopped making noises and just grabs a piece of paper and does not print, just freezes. The screen on the printer says "Printing" but it never does anything else until I cancel it.
I tried using the Print and Scan Doctor but it said everything was normal. My guess is that a part in the printer has broken. Is there
any way I can know if this would be worthwhile to try to replace or do I just need to invest in a new printer?
I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
08-16-2012 04:55 PM
This definately sounds like a problem with the hardware. There is really only one thing you can try, and that's a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Pull the power cord from the printer.
- Pull the power cord from the wall.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug everything in and trun the printer on.
If that doesn't clear up the problem, you will need to get a new printer. Let me know what happens.
03-17-2014 12:12 PM
My 4650 somehow hung in the Scanner mode, similar to this post but now when it turns on it does various loops through scanninng...then cancelling. I can hit back or cancel and sometimes it will attempt to copy but goes back into a loop mode. Any thoughts???
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series