Photosmart C4650 freeze while printing (182 Views)
Honor Student
Kay116
Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)

Photosmart C4650 freeze while printing

My HP Photosmart C4650 was making loud clicking noises before printing, but then printing as normal.

I now has stopped making noises and just grabs a piece of paper and does not print, just freezes. The screen on the printer says "Printing" but it never does anything else until I cancel it.

I tried using the Print and Scan Doctor but it said everything was normal. My guess is that a part in the printer has broken. Is there

any way I can know if this would be worthwhile to try to replace or do I just need to invest in a new printer?

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4650 freeze while printing

This definately sounds like a problem with the hardware.  There is really only one thing you can try, and that's a hard reset.  

To do a hard reset:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug everything in and trun the printer on.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, you will need to get a new printer.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
amberintx
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4650 freeze while printing

My 4650 somehow hung in the Scanner mode, similar to this post but now when it turns on it does various loops through scanninng...then cancelling. I can hit back or cancel and sometimes it will attempt to copy but goes back into a loop mode.  Any thoughts???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation