Photosmart C7280 carriage jam error (637 Views)
Honor Student
dougdaetz
Message 1 of 6 (637 Views)

Photosmart C7280 carriage jam error

1 Photosmart C7280 

2 Windows XP (but this is not relevant to problem)

3 carriage jam error (but I can't spot any reason for jam) 

4) unplgged power cord from back of unit while it was off 

When I turned on unit again it showed the warning message something like "Avoid improper shutdown..."

and at the same time I heard shuddering and banging sounds from the print carriage.  Then a message appeared telling me to open the printer and clear the carriage jam.  I didn't see any obvious impediment to movement of the carriage, although when I tried to move it along the horizontal axis it required a bit of force and didn't always move smoothly. 

I had never had this error before and the printer had been working fine before this evening when I removed the power cord at the back of the unit (I was trying to have enough visibility and room to insert a telephone line for using the fax feature (for the first time) and then plugged the power cord back into the unit.

I would appreciate any advice.

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 6 (632 Views)

Re: Photosmart C7280 carriage jam error

Hi,

Please refer the link below to troubleshoot the issue

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01423349&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3204785&tmp...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
dougdaetz
Message 3 of 6 (628 Views)

Dear DevRao,

Hello.  Thank you, HP employee, for your reply. I do appreciate your taking the time to reply to my inquiry.  However, I, an HP retiree, had already gone through the same procedures multiple times at the same link that you provided.

Since the carriage sometimes does move freely on its own, my suspicion is that the "carriage jam" message is spurious and the result of something that happened on the unit's circuit board tonight.  When I unplugged the C7280 (not "on" at the time) at the back of the unit (and saw sparks) and then plugged it in again after I had inserted the telephone connection cord, something had died or been altered on the circuit board.  The carriage moves from its home position to the far left and "hammers" back and forth at that left end until I open the cartridge access door, at which time it stops its dithering at the left end and slides freely back to its home position.

Do you know of anyone near Sunnyvale who has troubleshooting and repair experience with the C7280?

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)

Hi,

Please refer link below for service partners near Sunnyvale.

http://h20465.www2.hp.com/GPL/Search.aspx?Country_code=US&language_code=en&Search_type=SR4

Honor Student
dougdaetz
Message 5 of 6 (625 Views)

Dear DevRao,

Thanks again for trying to help me.  Unfortunately, at the link you provided the list of types of products supported does not include Colorsmart All-in-Ones.

Best regards,

Doug

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 6 of 6 (624 Views)

Hi Doug,

You can try calling them as some service partners do support All-in-Ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation