Question

Honor Student
hillsgerry
Message 1 of 4 (266 Views)

Photosmart C8180 Printer offline

All of a sudden my desktop cannot print to my printer. It is networked wirelessly and my laptop prints to it fine.

I have uninstalled everything related to the printer and reinstalled to no avail. This problem just started today after replacing an ink cartridge. I had just printed a document, replaced the yellow ink cartridge and then when I tried to print the same document after making some corrections to it it wouldn't print and I started getting the offline message.

I have followed all of the troubleshooting instructions on the HP site for this and still nothing.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (250 Views)

Run the print and scan doctor, and check the results.
http://goo.gl/u3jDE

Also make sure the printer is still connected to the network.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
hillsgerry
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 Printer offline

Thank you for your reply.

All of a sudden after a day it started to work again, confused here but happy again none the less.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

GREAT!!! The printer may have just fell off the network, and automatically got back online. If you have anymore problems, feel free to ask.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation