Question

Honor Student
SHooter270
Message 1 of 6 (347 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart C8180 does not print color photos sometimes partial pages, mostly blank.

[ Edited ]

Printer was working fine, then had trouble, determined it was the ink. Bought all new Genuine HP cartridges  directly from HP, worked for a while till I put in new paper(Genuine HP Advanced), that's when it really started messing up. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver, several times,  no help.

The problem appears to be in the printer itself because I tried to print directly from a disc inserted into the disc drive on the printer, it  kicked out a blank 4x6 photo page. Someone please help, this has been a great printer, I would like to keep it going.  

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 6 (337 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 does not print color photos sometimes partial pages, mostly blank.

It's normally a clogged printhead nozzel or something.  This document should work you through it.  If that doesn't work, you will need to look into a replacement.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
SHooter270
Message 3 of 6 (333 Views)

Re: Photosmart C8180 does not print color photos sometimes partial pages, mostly blank.

I have tried  all of the  "PRINTED SOLUTIONS" to no avail. I have done all the "SERVICE PRINTER' steps and they all check out fine. The printer will print out documents and  all the test pages, including color,  just fine.

They original problem still exists, incorrect photo printing.   

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 6 (331 Views)

I'm going to send you some steps via private message.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
SHooter270
Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

The Printer is unrestoreable. Thanks to Shane R for a lot of time and effort trying to find a solution.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 6 (319 Views)

No problem.  Sorry we couldn't get it working.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation