Photosmart Premium C309g-m Printer (2597 Views)
Top Student
casamaru
Message 1 of 9 (2,597 Views)

Photosmart Premium C309g-m Printer

Printer lost WiFi connection. Setup function allows connection attempt: starts but times out. Is this a software problem or a hardware fault in the printer? Is there a fix or do I have a boat anchor?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (2,591 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium C309g-m Printer

From the Setup > Network (or Wireless) menu > Restore Defaults and try again.

Your wireless network must be broadcasting its network name and must not have MAC filtering enabled.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
casamaru
Message 3 of 9 (2,588 Views)

Will try this in morning. I'm signing off  my Desktop for the night.

I don't recall a Restore Default on the printer selection window, but I'll check it out. I'll also look for it in the Notebook Control Panel which is my communicator to that Printer.

Thanks.

Top Student
casamaru
Message 4 of 9 (2,580 Views)

I cannot find Restore Faults on the Printer Control Panel (a window panel display).

Tools is ID'd by text and an icon of a Wrench and Gear.

When pressed, the Network command displays. One of the choices is Wireless Setup Wizard. When pressed it ID's the route,r and no successive menu options are given. Another choice is WiFi Protected Setup. When pressed two choices are given, Push Button and PIN. Push Button, when pressed, displays a Start command. When pressed it activates "WPS connection in progress" that is a 2 minute process that times out with 8 seconds remaining. PIN, when pressed, displays a Start command. When pressed it actvates " WPS PIN=(numbers series displays)  WPS connection in progress" that is a 4 minute process that times out with 14 seconds remaining.

I cannot find a Restore Defaults options for printers on the Notebook Devices and Printers.

I'm still stuck. Any other ideas? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 9 (2,568 Views)

On the front panel of your printer, go to Setup > Network > Restore Network Defaults.

What router are you using?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
casamaru
Message 6 of 9 (2,558 Views)

Thank you, There is no such command selection on the printer as "Restore Network Defaults".

Sequence is : Setup>Setup Menu>Network>View Network Setting>Print Network Configuration Page, and Display Network Summary. Neither one takes me to a default restore. None of the other selections of the menu tree go to a default restore.

At the network summary 4 of the 5 connection bars are lit.  

The router (the wireless device) is Westell Versalink Model 327W. It has been functioning fine otherwise for our HP Notebook and our desktop computer.

The copy function of the printer works.

I have turned it off, disconnected the power supply at the printer and the A/C outlet, reconnected and turned on without success.

Top Student
casamaru
Message 7 of 9 (2,549 Views)

Installation disk procedure on XP Desktop was successful but did not  wok on HP Notebook (Win7).

At final step display message was could not find driver. Troubleshoot could not fix; said there was no driver. What does this mean? Not present? Doesn't exist? Not needed?

Top Student
casamaru
Message 8 of 9 (2,521 Views)

New attemps to reinstall unsucccessful.

Notebook comes back with message that it does not find the driver.

Beginning to think problem is in Notebook not the printer as it was successfully installed to work with my XP Desktop PC.  Printer disk is labeled compatible with XP and Win 7.Tried downloaded drivers and updates but still not recognized. Any suggestions as to remedy?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 9 of 9 (1,836 Views)

There could be a few different things that are keeping your Windows 7 computer from seeing the printer.  Follow the document below to make sure your printer has a stable wireless connection.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02790693&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Once the router is stable on the network, the document linked below here should help you get it installed on your notebook with Windows 7.  Let me know if this helps or not.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02281754&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation