09-17-2012 11:44 AM
I recently replaced the black cartridge in my printer. Since then, I continure to get "Alignment Failed" error message, and the printer prints all colors except black. Do I have to replace the printer?
09-18-2012 02:35 PM
I wouldn't start with that. The printer may just not be pumping black through the printhead right. The document linked below should help. Let me know what happens.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series