Question

Top Student
jimbas
Message 1 of 5 (4,160 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print status 'user intervention required

When printing wirelessly to my HP Officejet Pro 8500A printer, I have recently failed to get it to respond. The print status field states: 'user intervention required'. The screen on the printer shows 'Now printing' but no printing takes place.  I have rebooted my printer, which sometimes then prints an item stored earlier. I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor; no problems found. Yesterday, some items printed, others not. I am trying to print Windows 2010 documents using Ctrl P. Apart from automated software updates, there have been no recent changes. Toner level is indicated as 'low'.

This applies to both computers on my network.

I can't find a FAQ which covers the issue.

Can anybody explain what's gone wrong, and how to fix it, please?

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 2 of 5 (4,146 Views)

Re: Print status 'user intervention required

Hello jimbas,

When you have restarted the printer have you also tried restarting your computer?

Is the printer connected wirelessly to all the printers on your network?

When you ran the print scan doctor it was able to find the printer? So there was communication between the computer and the printer?

Have you tried other programs besides office documents? e.g. notepad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
jimbas
Message 3 of 5 (4,143 Views)

Thanks for your advice. I have tried logging out of both computers as well as printer.

I also bought a new set of print cartridges. The problem has now disappeared, I hope.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 5 (4,139 Views)

Hello jimbas,

I would mark your post as "Accept as Solution" so other users can find the solution that has worked for you.

If in the future you find it did not resolve the issue, we can unmark it and continue troubleshooting if needed. :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
jimbas
Message 5 of 5 (4,134 Views)

I can see no 'accept as solution' button.

I suspect the problem was low levels of toner.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation