Question

Honor Student
betsiewetsie
Message 1 of 6 (1,084 Views)

Printer Cartridge Stuck on HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One Printer - Help!

The printer cartridge is stuck to the right of my 15-month old HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One Printer.  My warranty is 3 months over!!  The screen error message also states printer jam.  I have unplugged the unit from the power source for 1 minute while holding down the off button - reconnected to the power source with no success.  I have opened all doors, trays, duplexer, checking for any paper jams or objects - used a "cool shot" hair dryer on high speed to blow out anything that might be causing the problem - nothing detected.  I have also turned the unit upside down, sideways as suggested to do, to shake out anything that may be stuck.  Same error readout and can't budge the cartridge loose.  Please help!  Thank you!

Honor Student
DeedeeH
Message 2 of 6 (1,078 Views)

Re: Printer Cartridge Stuck on HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One Printer - Help!

I have an Office Jet Pro 8500 Wireless and am having the same problem.  I've done all the tests too, but still keep getting the carriage jam messsage.  I couple of times I have been able to manually move the carriage to left, but only after trying 10-15 times. There is a little door on the right side I can open to get to it.  Then it seems to move very nicely.  But it still gives me the same message.  I hope someone comes to our rescue soon. I really love my printer.  Don't want a new one.

Honor Student
betsiewetsie
Message 3 of 6 (1,074 Views)

Re: Printer Cartridge Stuck on HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-In-One Printer - Help!

DeedeeH, thank you for your input!  You mentioned that you had a Office Jet Pro 8500, is that correct?  My AIO Printer is a 6500 Officejet Wireless.  I do not find a door on the right side of the cartridge to allow me to get to it.  Do you access your catridge door by unscrewing something, or just by lifting a door?  If we do actually  have different models, maybe I don't have an access door as you do???  Without the door, I am really scared to try to force the cartridge back to center - don't want to break the plastics!

I don't want another printer either, but especially since after 30 years of specific employment, I'm now layed off - so can't afford another!  ;-(  Thanks so much for giving of your time to help!

Student
TSLee
Message 4 of 6 (763 Views)

The cartridge of our printer is stuck on the right side and is giving the error "paper Jam", there is no paper jam.

How can we release the cartridge?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 5 of 6 (757 Views)

@TSLee, it seems that something is blocking the carriage from moving to the middle. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this problem. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01312792&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Try to unplug the power cord from the back, and then move it.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
nmmi81
Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)

This problem seems to be something that HP should have had a recall on......

Has anyone solved this issue? I have followed all of the directions posted everywhere on here and on the web. i have blown it out with 90PSI of air, shook it, turned it upside down and with a fair amount of force tried to move it (havent broke it yet)....the silly thing is stuck on somehting physical.

HELP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation