Question

Honor Student
ReyalpCB4
Message 1 of 4 (2,550 Views)

Printer installed and working But Will not print

I have a HP photosmart b209 a-m 

it is wirelessly connected to multiple computers and laptops in my household with no issue

recently i purchased a new HP dv6-6c40us installed the printer with the most recent drivers from HP's website it seemed to work fine but then just recently it seems to have stoped letting me print

If i open HP digital imaging Software. The Printer shows up online i can scan, i can print test page all that jazz just fine

but if i try to print using word or just right clicking on an image and slecting print from there it wont. 

it gives me a print picture error that reads

"windows photo viewer encountered a problem printing your picture. Trying reinstalling your printer, and then try again.

if i uninstall the printer it wont reinstall properly. if usb connected it goes through the whole driver install spiel then gets stuck on the actual printers drivers and then fails. 

If i try to install for wireless it gets to the point where it installs with the completion bar gets to around 42% locks up there for a min then finishes with a "could not complete install" and gives me the option to retry or skip. If i retry it just keeps failing.

ive tried restoring the computer

uninstalling the drivers 

nothing works and i havent been able to find a matching problem online

Student
staffman
Message 2 of 4 (2,466 Views)

Re: Printer installed and working But Will not print

Your problem seems to be a wireless connectivity issue. I had the same problem, until I redid my whole network just to find out this was the problem..... 

I have network interference problems from other 2.45 GHz devices, so I have the wireless router's wireless network channel set to 4- which in my case solves my interference problem. Well, the HP printer's wireless settings is apparently setup for auto detect, which should work... but no cookie. 

When I logged into my wireless router, changed the wireless channel to 'auto detect', my print problems disappeared.

I'm not 100% percent sure, but an alternative fix for the above is to change the wireless channel setting on the printers wireless settings to match your network's configuration.

Hope this helps others...

Retired
SedonaF
Message 3 of 4 (2,427 Views)

Honor Student
ReyalpCB4
Message 4 of 4 (2,422 Views)

yeah thaniks for the reply 

I eventually fixed the problem on my own still it wasnt the network 

1 cause it didnt explain why the printer refused to install and work via USB 

2. also didnt explain why every other computer in the house seemed to work just fine

The way i fixed it was a weird round about way and im not even entirely sure why it worked but it did

first i uninstalled everything from the drivers to any printer installed on the computer to The HP digital image monitor software

then i set up the printer in both Wireless and USB on one of the computers that worked as a shared printer with Drivers

Then i installed the net work printers and printed VIA the network which it Downloaded the drivers that for some reason wouldnt install when i pluged the USB into the laptop directly

Once i could get it to print using the printer Over the network on a working computer i reinstalled HP digital Image monitor

this time the printer pluged in no problem with no error durring the driver check that windows did and i was able to get it working on the wireless..

I know its not the most elegant way of solving the problem but i guess now that i figured out how to do it if anyone has the same problem that i did they can triy this and see if it helps. Its only real disadvantage is you need atleast one extra computer that has the printer installed and working. So if you have the problem and only have the one computer that wont work this trick is no help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation