Question

Top Student
Dinah8
Message 1 of 19 (1,767 Views)

Printer keeps printing same page

After it prints page 1 it flashes to say there is a problem.  There isn't anything wrong but when I press the OK button it prints the same page again.  It still does this after the document is deleted.  I can only persuade it to move on by leaving it turned off for a long time.  It shows these as 'misprints' on the message centre.

My printer is a CP1025 and I use a Mac.  Both have worked well for over a year.

Master's Graduate
Winos
Message 2 of 19 (1,762 Views)

Re: Printer keeps printing same page

[ Edited ]

Hello Dinah8

Did you had any problems with your problem before? 

Can i have your printer model?

* I'm not a Mac user, this can result into a longer time period of answering form my side.

Reason: i have to figure out how to discribe my "steps" on a Mac.

Winos.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

Top Student
Dinah8
Message 3 of 19 (1,744 Views)

Thanks for replying - I tried leaving the printer switched off for a day but to no avail.

The problem or printing the same page over and over only began a few days ago - everything has worked fine for well over a year before that.  The printer seems to think it has mispicked the paper and has to do it again.  The 'mispick' warning comes up after it has finished printing and I have to delete the document to stop it.   This is a considerable nusiance - it's easy to make a mistake and end up with several copies of one page.  It also means I cannot print two sided which I usually do. 

The only other problem I have, started a week ago and only affects PDFs.  Most of the page is OK but it also compresses the whole page into a band about 4cm wide on the right hand side, obliterating the material underneath.  If I copy the page into a 'pages' (word) document it's fine.  I'm not sure if this si connected - it sounds more like a communication problem with the computer.

Master's Graduate
Winos
Message 4 of 19 (1,738 Views)

We can do several things.

*reinstall the driver 

*hard reset your printer 

*soft reset your printer 

If this won't work i think you have a hardware problem in the printer.

Do you know how to do the first step?

Winos.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

Top Student
Dinah8
Message 5 of 19 (1,733 Views)

I think so - I'll have a go and let you know how it goes.  Thanks so much.

Dinah

Master's Graduate
Winos
Message 6 of 19 (1,724 Views)

If you don't know how to i will help you of course.

The problem is that i don't know how to install drivers on a Mac.

Winos.

&

Top Student
Dinah8
Message 7 of 19 (1,716 Views)

Hi,

I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I printed two documents and the only problem was that it kept indicating a paper problem (no paper / paperjam) although there wasn't one.  When I printed a third document though it has gone back to the original problem.  It prints the document but a message appears saying there is a 'Printer mispick'.  There isn't.  When I press cancel it prints the last page again and still says there is a Printer mispick.  The only way of printing a new document is to manually delete the one that has been printed, turn the printer off at the wall and wait at least 10 minutes.

It looks to me as if there is a fault with the Paperfeed fault-warning system.  

Thanks for your help so far and any more would be much appreciated.

Dinah

Master's Graduate
Winos
Message 8 of 19 (1,709 Views)

Can you do this for me?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02471640 

Winos.

&

Top Student
Dinah8
Message 9 of 19 (1,701 Views)

Thanks for keeping going.

I've done that but once I'd printed something the Attention light started to flash.  Pressing the cancel button just got the last page printed again.  I've just tried pressing the Resume button and now the Ready and Attention lights are blinking alternately.  The instruction sheet says they will do this "during the formatter initialization (startup) period or when the product processes a cleaning page."  It goes on to say that no action is required.  It's now been doing this for 15mins so I suspect they won't stop without soem intervention!  The on-screen message is that the printer is Ready.

I hope you can understand what 's going on!

Dinah

Master's Graduate
Winos
Message 10 of 19 (1,693 Views)

Did you disconnect the printer form the compueter due the reset?

Winos.

&

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation