Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 500 color M551
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Suddenly, I am unable to print documents to all HP printers when they were previously working perfectly. Upon printing a test page to my work printers, the printers print a page saying, "GE Issued Warning: 75." When I try to print a document the printed page says, "PCL XL error, Subsystem: Kernel, Error IllegalTag, Operator: Oxba, Position: 75". The error varies from printer to printer but they all say PCL XL error. 

I tried uninstalling all printers and drivers, deleting all traces of the drivers in the registry and in the spool\drivers\x64\3 folder, and then reinstalling the most current driver from the HP website. I also tried changing the printing preferences. I also tried PCL6, PCL5 and PS universal drivers. Although there was never a problem connecting or initiating a print job, I still get the same exact printouts of the aforementioned errors. 

Please help me out. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After finding some other posts of similar problems, the solution is simply to disable to AVG. Their new update randomly intereferes with printing. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After finding some other posts of similar problems, the solution is simply to disable to AVG. Their new update randomly intereferes with printing. 

HP Recommended

I'm getting a similar issue. The printer, Laserjet M3035, goes into an error state. Occasionally it will print a paper saying "GE Issued Warning: 75". Nothing else. The printer is accessed from 2 computers and it happens with both. Shutting down & restarting can temporarily clear the error, but it comes back after a few prints. We have Windows 10 and the printers are conected by USB. It was working well prior to this and I can't think of anything that has changed. We do not have AVG installed. We have another color laser printer that does not give this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.